About Us – Lockwood Water & Sewer District
In 1955, a few concerned citizens in the Lockwood area realized the need for a central water system. The Lockwood Water Users Association was formed, wells were drilled, and the first main line piping was installed to serve the members of the association.
In 1987, the Lockwood Water Treatment Plant was constructed to serve the community with a surface water treatment plant that uses the Yellowstone River as its source of supply. The nominal capacity of the water treatment plant is 3 million gallons per day.
Treatment consists of coagulation, settling, filtration,
Our distribution system has approximately 45 miles of main lines ranging up to 24 inches in diameter and serves more than 6,000 people. There are 4 storage reservoirs with a capacity of 2.25 million gallons. A self-service bulk water “salesman” is located at 1644 Old Hardin Road for cistern owners. The salesman accepts quarters and bills and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In May of 2001, the Lockwood Water & Sewer District obtained the assets and liabilities of the Lockwood Water Users Association and became what it is today.